How To Split a File and Combine part1.rar, part2.rar Files Using WinRar?


Valid until 31 January 2015 (unless noted)
How to split a big file into smaller pieces and how to combine (re-join) the splitted files (part1.rar, part2.rar…) using WinRAR? Some of you might probably have already knew those trick and some don’t. For those who still don’t know the above tricks here is a quick tutorial for you. Just make sure you have WinRAR software installed in your PC.

Split a large file Using WinRAR
1. Select file(s) or folder(s) that you want to split
2. Right click on the selected item(s) and click “add to archive”

how to split a large file using winrar
3. On “General” tab, configure “Split to volume, bytes”
For example I would like to split my video: 50MB movie.avi, into 5 pieces. Thus I expect that the final result will be 5 files, each file has 10MB. So in the “Split to volume, bytes” I can enter “10MB” (in this case I should include the MB parameter), or alternatively I can also type “10000000”.

how to split a big file using winrar
4. Click “OK” and all done!

Combine or Join part1.rar, part2.rar … using WinRAR
Before we jump into the second tutorial, there’s something you have to know. You cannot join or combine files that have .001, .002,… extensions by using WinRAR, you should use HJsplit instead! WinRAR is only able to combine splitted files that have .part1.rar, .part2.rar … extensions. On the other side, HJSplit also cannot be used to combine files with .part1.rar, part2.rar,… And please note that all files must exists in one folder / directory, otherwise you can’t combine them.
Okay, this is super easy to do, just right click on .part1.rar and choose “Extract here” or “Extract files”

combine movie part1.rar, part2.rar using winrar

That’s all for the tutorial on how to split a large file using WinRAR and how to combine part1.rar, part2.rar… using WinRAR.

1 comment:

Alex said...

On my computer a lot of rar files. Yesterday I was at the Inet and picked up a virus. After that I lost my rar archives. By chance my friend called me and told about different things, one of them interested me - rar reapir. It was my determination. The program restored my hundreds rar archives.

Post a Comment

Rules:
Comment must be in English, otherwise will be not listed.
Spam comment will be deleted, so don't waste your time for it.
Respect yourself, respect others.